This week on Monday Night Raw, the show kicked off with Kurt Angle being confronted by Kane, Braun Strowman, and WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar. Before the segment was over, Angle announced that the main event for the Royal Rumble will be a Triple Threat Match with Lesnar defending against Strowman and Kane.
As noted last week, the original plan was for Lesnar vs. Finn Balor but Vince McMahon did not feel that Balor was over enough. There were different ideas proposed, including a singles match between Lesnar and Strowman, but Vince McMahon did not want to do that. Presumably, adding Kane to the match is being done to protect Strowman. Kane can take the fall since he is expected to leave the company again to focus on his bid for mayor in Knox County, TN.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- SPOILER: The first 5 members of the 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame
- Vince McMahon apparently wants to bring back the XFL
- Enzo Amore says he is not removing the penis from his driver’s license (DL photo included)
- Former ECW star appeared on SmackDown Live this week
- Another departure at Impact Wrestling, top names could be on the way out soon