The Undertaker hasn’t been seen on WWE programming since WrestleMania 33 when he lost to Roman Reigns in the main event of the show. We were left to assume that he retired from the ring. However, the door is open for him to wrestle again because he never confirmed his retirement and the announcers have never definitively said that he was done.
The speculation on his future will reach a fever pitch in January because WWE announced on Monday that Taker will be at the 25th anniversary of Raw celebration. For the first time ever, the show will air from two places. Barclays Center in Brooklyn and the Manhattan Center will host the event. Long-time fans will remember that the early years of Raw took place at the Manhattan Center. They haven’t run a show in that building since 1997.
It’s unclear what they have planned for Taker but it’s worth noting that the 25th-anniversary show is also the go-home show for the Royal Rumble. WWE also announced that Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash will make special appearances on the show.
Tickets will go on sale on Friday, November 3 at www.ticketmaster.com. Click here for the official details on the show.
On a related note, Taker was spotted in Atlanta last week for the screening of Ric Flair’s “30 For 30” documentary and he looks great. Click here to see a pic of Taker and Flair from last week.
Catch up on some of the latest WWE news stories below:
- A former WWE Champion was contacted last weekend about being Finn Balor’s TLC opponent
- Update on Roman Reigns, Bo Dallas, and Bray Wyatt
- Natalya and Zack Ryder comment on accidental crotch grab while taking Raw “Under Siege”
- Brutus Beefcake posts email screenshot, says Hogan has been hanging out with his ex-wife
- PHOTO: The Undertaker makes a rare appearance and reunites with Ric Flair