WWE is reporting that Bobby Fish suffered a knee injury at a recent live event. The injury means that he will not be able to compete at NXT Takeover: New Orleans. Fish and Kyle O’Reilly are the NXT Tag Team Champions. The injury is real but the timetable is not. In reality, Fish suffered the injury a few weeks ago at a live event in Indianapolis, IN.
Cathy Kelley noted that he has a torn ACL, which means that he’ll likely be out of action for several months. Big Cass underwent surgery for a torn ACL and doctors told him that it would take about 9 months to recover. At this rate, it looks like Fish will be out of action until the beginning of 2019.
WWE held off on reporting the news because Fish has been featured on NXT TV in recent weeks. Basically, they wanted to make sure that the reporting of the injury syncs up with the airdate of the upcoming NXT TV show.
Click here if you want to know how this will affect the NXT Tag Team Championships and the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic tournament.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- Here is what we know about The Undertaker “American Badass” return rumors
- WWE news on post-WrestleMania plans for Roman Reigns
- Don’t hold your breath on The Shield reuniting in the near future
- SPOILERS: Top indie star turns down Impact Wrestling to remain available
- SPOILER: WWE has big plans for Samoa Joe