It looks like the injury to Drew McIntyre is legit. During the NXT Takeover: WarGames Facebook Live session after the show, Triple H said that McIntyre may have suffered a torn biceps injury and he will be getting an MRI on Sunday. Triple H said that it looks like he may have to get surgery but he won’t know for sure until he is evaluated.
McIntyre lost the NXT Championship to Andrade “Cien” Almas and was favoring his shoulder during the match. The trainer came out to check on him after the match and the fans in the arena saw that he was helped to the back.
Hopefully, it’s not as serious as it sounds. A partial tear could mean that he would be out for 3-6 weeks. A complete tear could put him out of action for 4-6 months.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Former WWE star has found a unique job outside of the wrestling business
- SmackDown Live could get an unprecedented heel turn soon
- Former WWE star says he is clean and sober after completing rehab
- There’s a good reason why Braun Strowman vs Kane wasn’t a “real match”
- Almost 40 people have left Impact Wrestling in 2017