Finn Balor took notice of the recent comments made by Edge and not only responded to the WWE Hall of Famer, but also suggested a date for the potential contest.
Earlier this week, the former WWE Champion reacted to the pitch made by Robert Stone where the NXT star wanted to see if he could be his manager. Edge listed off a series of demands that he wanted in exchange to make the deal work.
Part of his list of demands called for a match that would see him battle Balor.
The former NXT Champion did an interview with the Irish Mirror where he gave his thoughts on the potential bout. He thinks a match can happen and he would like to have it held at NXT UK TakeOver: Dublin.
“Somebody was talking online about possibly challenging Finn Balor at NXT Takeover and that was Edge. I would like to address that situation right now, Edge was saying he wanted to face Finn Balor at Takeover so if we could do it at Takeover Dublin all the better. An absolute legend in the ring, but what an absolute gent and a true pro outside the ring. I’ve always said it to both him and Christian that when they retired, I met them at a couple of media appearances and I said: ‘lads, you two are like how I’d look to transition out of wrestling – to carry yourself with such professionalism – and to see him (Edge) back is fantastic. Getting the chance to wrestle with him would be even better.”
NXT UK TakeOver: Dublin is currently scheduled for October 25, but NXT UK has not run any live events in months. There’s no word yet on whether the event will actually take place.
Also, Edge is currently sidelined after undergoing surgery to repair a torn tricep.