It looks like Randy Orton will be taking more time off during the next couple of months. The advertisements for the next few months of shows have been released and Orton is taking a considerable amount of time off in January. He will be working mostly on televised shows.
He will be off almost every show after February 6th until the post-WrestleMania Smackdown tapings. He will likely appear on the TV shows leading up to WrestleMania but don’t expect to see him listed on too many non-televised shows until April.
Orton’s contract is similar to Shawn Michaels old schedule that gives him extended time off while still appearing on most of the TV shows. Orton has said publicly that he sees himself wrestling at least for another 10 years if his body holds up. If he continues with this current schedule then I don’t see him retiring anytime soon. Quite frankly, he’s earned the right to work a lighter schedule.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- SPOILER: The first 5 members of the 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame
- Vince McMahon apparently wants to bring back the XFL
- Enzo Amore says he is not removing the penis from his driver’s license (DL photo included)
- Former ECW star appeared on SmackDown Live this week
- Another departure at Impact Wrestling, top names could be on the way out soon