As usual, before a big Takeover show, Triple H held a conference call and answered questions from the wrestling media ahead of Saturday’s NXT Takeover: WarGames.
Here are some of the highlights:
– The idea behind the WarGames revival is to introduce the match to a new generation of fans.
– He wanted to start the Undisputed Era as a faction because he wanted to get them rolling and there was a buzz about them coming in and they joined the company around the same time.
– He said that there will not be a roof on the cage because it’s a little bit limiting because the style has changed. He said that Arn Anderson wasn’t doing moonsaults off the top of cages. He talked about doing it in a modified way and there were some concerns and tweaks made but he doesn’t feel like the main concept has changed and the match doesn’t “really” get going until everyone is in the ring. He feels that the small tweaks made work better for today’s generation of talent. Click here to read the rules of the match.
– He talked about AJ Styles vs. Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series. It’s a dream match in many ways and the rest of the card is amazing.
– It was a coincidence that WarGames and Starrcade were brought back during the same month. He’s wanted to bring back WarGames but was waiting for the right time to do it. The idea is to bring something from the past while maintaining Dusty Rhodes’ vision.
– As we noted earlier this week, NXT will tape TV at Center Stage in Atlanta in January and February. Triple H said that they decided on Center Stage because of a logistical issue but Full Sail is still their home and it will be cool to go back to where he started (he wrestled at Center Stage for WCW in 1994).
– He hopes to have more definitive news on the UK show very soon. The match between Johnny Gargano and Pete Dunne will not air live on Saturday but it will air on the regular NXT TV show.
– He talked about being excited about stepping into the ring at Survivor Series in the same ring as Kurt Angle, the exciting Survivor Series weekend and WarGame being emotional for him because of Dusty Rhodes.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- SmackDown Live could get an unprecedented heel turn soon
- Former WWE star says he is clean and sober after completing rehab
- There’s a good reason why Braun Strowman vs Kane wasn’t a “real match”
- Almost 40 people have left Impact Wrestling in 2017
- WWE changed plans for Paige’s surprise Raw return