In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer noted that the shows in Chile were paid for by a local promotion run by Hugo Savinovich. Some fans may remember Savinovich as the Spanish-language announcer in WWE from 1994 to 2011.
Well, there were people that were not happy about AJ Styles (pulled to appear at WWE TLC) and Kevin Owens (flew home due to a family situation) being off those shows because the local promotion paid $900,000 for WWE to be there. It’s not clear if that figure was for one or both shows combined but it’s still a large amount of money so it’s understandable for them to be upset that Owens and Styles could not be there. WWE made things right by flying Triple H out for the show in Santiago, Chile for a match with Rusev. Things worked out well for both sides and Triple H got the loudest reaction of the night.
Well, there’s a cool story about Triple H that wasn’t reported in the Observer. From my understanding, Triple H was not paid for his match and the money that he was supposed to get is being sent to Owens. There have been tons of stories like this about Triple H over the years and they never get reported so we wanted to mention this one because it’s a pretty cool gesture by him.
Catch up on some of the latest WWE news stories below:
- Natalya and Zack Ryder comment on accidental crotch grab while taking Raw “Under Siege”
- Brutus Beefcake posts email screenshot, says Hogan has been hanging out with his ex-wife
- PHOTO: The Undertaker makes a rare appearance and reunites with Ric Flair
- Hulk Hogan getting a makeover?
- Bully Ray has another message for the Impact Wrestling locker room