During an interview with CBS Sports, Paul “Triple H” Levesque addressed Velveteen Dream’s return to WWE TV on last week’s episode of NXT.
In regards to the allegations made during the #SpeakingOut movement about Dream (Patrick Clark), Triple H says that WWE “looked into what was there and didn’t find anything.”
Triple H added that the reason why he hasn’t been on TV for many weeks is that he was in a car accident on June 26 so he was taken off TV at that time. Triple H said, “You know, in this day today, accusations are made and you take them all very seriously.”
He continued, “You look into them the best you can, and you find out what is there and what isn’t. In this situation, [Dream] was also involved in a car accident. That’s what took him off TV. In the moment, all this other stuff happens and you look into it and you find that there is a situation that people bring to everyone’s attention, you look into it and find that it is what it is and there’s nothing there.”
Triple H added that the decision to bring him back was made after he was cleared following the car accident and people thought that he was removed from TV for other reasons.
Those other reasons are that Dream was accused of sending inappropriate photos and messages to underage children.
Dream refuted the first allegation that surfaced in April but did not comment on allegations that were made in June. Josh Fuller, who made claims in June with apparent evidence to back up his allegations, said last week that he was never contacted by WWE during their investigation.
Dream is scheduled to wrestle Finn Balor this Wednesday night on NXT. The winner will go on to compete in the Five-Way Ladder Match at NXT TakeOver: XXX this Saturday. Dream vs. Balor was taped last week.