The idea of Johnny Gargano taking on WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne should be one that makes every wrestling fan mark out uncontrollably. But this amazing news has a little bit of a disappointing lining to it.
As WWE’s release about the match says, if you want to see this amazing matchup you’ll have to buy a ticket and see it live because it won’t be on the WWE Network.
“If you want to bear witness to WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne’s next colossal title defense live, there’s only one way to do so: By scoring a ticket to NXT’s debut at the Toyota Center in Houston on Saturday, Nov. 18.”
“The match will not air as part of that night’s TakeOver: WarGames live special on WWE Network, meaning those lucky NXT fans in attendance in the Toyota Center will have an exclusive opportunity to watch the title bout unfold before their eyes.”
It might just be too sad to write which is why I let WWE do the talking for me there. But it is certainly a Hail Mary for more ticket sales and a genius move on Triple H’s part. We can only hope this match is so incredible that WWE will film it with commentary anyway and release it eventually.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Things got awkward when Liv Morgan’s ex beats her current boyfriend
- Chris Jericho reveals why WWE declined his offer to use NXT talent on his cruise
- Tension between WWE and Chris Jericho?
- Roman Reigns might not be back in time for Survivor Series
- What’s up with Chris Jericho and WWE and why is he working for New Japan Pro Wrestling?