GiveMeSport.com’s lead reporter Alex McCarthy spoke with Triple H and Shawn Michaels in London ahead of the United Kingdom Championship Tournament.
Among several topics, they addressed John Cena’s comments about wanting to wrestle a match in NXT. Triple H said, “I think that there’s an opportunity for anything. Vince taught both of us a long time ago ‘never say never’ if the opportunity is right. There’s different styles and different feels to different brands.”
He added, “If John Cena comes to me and says ‘I have to do this at the next Takeover with this person,’ [I’m like] ok if I have to put you on there then I will.”
He also talked about how great it is that names like Cena and The Rock are talking about wrestlers in NXT and it shows that the world is paying attention.
Other notes from the interview:
– Triple H laughed at the suggestion that WWE alters crowd noise or silences crowd chants.
– Triple H said that NXT started out at the bottom with next to no budget and it’s grown thanks to help from people volunteering behind-the-scenes.
– Shawn Michaels cleared up rumors about a comeback. He would be interested in a tag team match against other 40+ guys but he can’t keep up with wrestlers in their prime because it “won’t look or feel the same.”
– Triple H revealed that Ronda Rousey had food poisoning while prepping for WrestleMania 34 but went to train in Orlando just hours later. She trained even while sick. Triple H had to personally stop a session.
– Triple H is open to a crossover NXT vs. WWE pay-per-view. Shawn Michaels joked that “John Cena would probably turn up for free.”
– Triple H said there is “huge announcement on women’s wrestling coming very soon.”
— Alex McCarthy (@AlMac_GMS) June 19, 2018
You can listen to the entire interview via GiveMeSport’s Turnbuckle Talk podcast. The podcast is available on iTunes and other popular podcast platforms.