During Wednesday’s NXT TakeOver: Phoenix conference call, Triple H was asked about All Elite Wrestling. It’s no secret that AEW is on WWE’s radar and they know that they will have to deal with major competition when/if they start their TV show on a major network.
“Clearly something we’ll keep an eye on,” Triple H said during the call. “They are out there doing their business and we’ll do what’s right for our business and what’s right for our fans.”
He also mentioned that WWE sees everything as competition but WWE will continue to do what is best for WWE.
Other notes from the conference call:
– It looks like Velveteen Dream’s recent tweet directed at WWE is a work because Triple H did not seem upset about it. He said he hadn’t talked with him about it.
– He talked about the constant battle to figure out what does and does not cross the line on social media.
– He said that Lars Sullivan is in a good place and nothing has changed. For those of you unaware, Sullivan was set to begin a feud with John Cena but flew home a couple of weeks ago after suffering an anxiety attack.
– He put over War Machine, Bianca Belair and the wealth of talent at the Performance Center.
– Triple H said NXT UK will be involved during WrestleMania week.
– Triple H says he is cleared to train again and his injury rehab for his torn pec is over.
– There are plans to open more Performance Center’s in the future.
– He is thrilled with Andrade’s work, especially the matches with Rey Mysterio.
– He put over Simone Johnson, the daughter of The Rock. She has been training at the PC.
– In regards to NXT UK talent moving to the main roster, anything is possible.