It's looking like the Intercontinental Championship Open Challenge will be a "thing" for the next few weeks on Monday Night Raw as they are in a lull period before the hype begins for the Royal Rumble in a few weeks. As previously noted, Cedric Alexander threw his hat in the ring as a potential challenger for the title and two more WWE Superstars have stepped up they are ready for the challenge.
Jason Jordan and Finn Balor want a shot at the title on Raw. So, who will get the shot this week? We don't know but everything should be clear within a few hours. The ironic thing about Balor issuing the challenge is that he was supposed to be in line for a shot at the WWE Universal Championship at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view in January. Vince McMahon has decided to scrap those plans but Balor fans are trying to tell the boss that he made a mistake.
More on Balor/Lesnar/Vince McMahon:Fans tell Vince McMahon that he is wrong about Finn Balor | Vince McMahon: Finn Balor is not over enough for a match with Brock Lesnar
Click here for the Raw preview and check out the tweets from Jordan and Balor below.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- WWE star says she has been body shamed in the WWE locker room
- Don’t rule out an in-ring return for Hulk Hogan
- SPOILER: WWE may end up revealing one mastermind behind both NXT invasions of Raw/Smackdown
- Major name says he's like to return to WWE with a full-time schedule
- Monday Night Raw on the FOX Network?