It looks like two WWE stars may be done, at least for now, on the Smackdown Live brand.
PWInsider is reporting that there was talk of replacing The Singh Brothers with other talents. Those talks died down but their handicap match loss to AJ Styles came across like they were being written off.
The original idea for the brothers was to use them on 205 Live. In fact, they were originally introduced to the main roster as being part of cruiserweight division but plans changed and they were re-introduced as part of Jinder Mahal’s act.
Jinder Mahal was interviewed after the haindicap match and there was no mention of the Singh Brothers. Hopefully, they will have a role elsewhere in the company, perhaps, as part of the cruiserweight division.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- WWE star gets a name change
- WWE news on why we saw “Broken” Matt Hardy on Monday Night Raw
- There is concern about the future of 205 Live
- WWE star says she has been body shamed in the WWE locker room
- Don’t rule out an in-ring return for Hulk Hogan