The reports stating that Brock Lesnar has re-entered the USADA drug testing pool are not true, according to UFC Vice President of Athlete Health and Performance Jeff Novitzky. MMA Junkie was told by Novitzky, who oversees the program, that there is "zero truth" to the reports.
Novitzky added, a fighter "must tell the UFC, in writing, that they want to start competing again. After notifying the UFC, they need to be available for testing for at least six months before returning to competition." He also said that"(Lesnar) is not currently enrolled in the USADA testing pool, nor has there been any inquiry on his part to do so." MMAJunkie.com has yet to get a comment from USADA on the story.
The Lesnar story spread like wildfire online after a tweet from the @TalkMMA saying that Lesnar had entered the USADA pool and that there were plans for him to fight on November 4 at Madison Square Garden. The same account also said that Lesnar would be dropping the WWE Universal Championship at SummerSlam and that he and Paul Heyman met with UFC brass earlier this month. As noted earlier on the site, Heyman was in Las Vegas during International Fight Week but he was there working on a project for his Looking 4 Larry agency.
Lesnar was serving a one-year suspension when he announced his retirement in February. The suspension, retroactive to July 15, 2016, was due to drug failures from his UFC 200 fight with Mark Hunt. Dave Meltzer reported earlier that the stories about Lesnar and Heyman being at UFC offices were denied to him but UFC does have an interest in Lesnar if he wants to fight again.
To some people, it looked like this story was leaked as a way for Lesnar to gain leverage on WWE but now it appears, at least for now, that Lesnar will not be fighting in UFC anytime soon and the initial story may have been inaccurate all along. His contract with WWE expires at WrestleMania 34.