As we noted on Monday night, Xavier Woods suffered a knee injury at the Smackdown live event in Texarkana, Arkansas. WWE doctors will be evaluating him today to find out what the next steps are for him and to see if he will require surgery.
As you can see in the video below, it looked like he was going for a jumping DDT but hurt his knee when his foot landed. It appeared to be a fluke injury and he immediately rolled out of the ring as the match continued.
You can see the trainer at ringside making the “X” sign at ringside and that was followed up by referee Charles Robinson doing the same. As noted earlier, this is bad timing for Woods because there are big plans in store for The New Day (click here for more details on that). We will pass along updates as they become available.
— Heel By Nature (@HeelByNatureYT) August 29, 2017
Catch up on some of the trending WWE News items by clicking below:
- Work or shoot? Backstage news on the John Cena-Roman Reigns verbal battle on WWE Raw
- Ric Flair makes first public announcement: “Naitch WILL be back!”
- Reason why Mike Bennett and Maria Kanellis have been off WWE TV
- Wrestlers outraged after Sexy Star intentionally injures GFW star at Triple Mania XXV
- Could another cross-brand rivalry be on the way in WWE?