During the WWE investor conference call, when asked about rumors that WWE might be moving away from being PG, Vince McMahon made it clear that they are not going back to the “gory crap” that they used to do.
He did note that the product will get edgier with better storylines but they would remain a PG product.
In regards to NXT moving to Fox Sports 1 on Wednesday night’s, George Barrios did not confirm the rumors but said that they are always evaluating things. He did not want to specifically address the NXT to FS1 rumors.
As first noted last week by Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, FOX had a meeting last week with their affiliates and NXT was brought up with the idea to run NXT against AEW’s show on TNT.
In regards to competition, McMahon said that competition is good for everyone and said he hopes their competition doesn’t continue with blood and guts “and gory things.” He said he hopes TNT doesn’t put up with it. This was a clear reference to AEW without mentioning them by name.
We will have a complete recap of the investor conference call up on the site shortly.
Click here for WWE’s second quarter financial results.