WWE brought the Starrcade event back and there was a hot crowd in North Carolina, to say the least. When Bobby Roode faced off against Dolph Ziggler with Arn Anderson as special enforcer things got pretty wild.
This kind of ode to the past is what fans were promised with the new Starrcade idea and WWE certainly delivered. If only they would have aired this amazing event on the WWE Network.
But thanks to WWE’s Instagram account we can at least enjoy the sight of Arn Anderson delivering one of his signature and punishing spinebusters to Dolph Ziggler. All it took after this was one Glorious DDT and it was all over for the Show-Off.
Starrcade is obviously a very special event and with a moment like this one taking place in the opening portion of the show, it really is a shame they’re not airing this one on a larger platform. But still, it’s a great homage to the past and in WWE’s current climate it looks like they’re doing a pretty good job honoring the past while revolutionizing the present and preparing for the future.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Major name says he’s like to return to WWE with a full-time schedule
- Monday Night Raw on the FOX Network?
- WWE news on John Cena and why he was eliminated early at Survivor Series
- Finn Balor could be the next Daniel Bryan for the wrong reason
- Reason why Roman Reigns won the IC Title from The Miz