After SmackDown Live went off the air this week there was a special treat for those in attendance because Daniel Bryan put on a referee shirt once more and got to officiate a match once more. He was the referee for a six-man tag match featuring Shinsuke Nakamura, Randy Orton, and AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, and Jinder Mahal.
During the match, if was obvious how much Daniel Bryan missed being in the ring and he wanted to show off a little bit. Of course, he couldn’t take a bump but this might be a close second to actually executing a move in the ring. So Daniel Bryan ran the ropes and it was excellent.
We just wish he was allowed to do more.
Dark matches are always so much fun! AJ, Shinsuke, and Randy v. KO, Sami, and Mahal with special guest referee Daniel Bryan!
Look at Bryan running the ropes!?
(C: marcrobertesses) pic.twitter.com/6DK1rLJQnY
— Zaira☃️ (@coupdebanks) December 27, 2017
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Big main event announced for WWE Fastlane
- Baron Corbin fires back at fan that made fun of his hairline and physique
- Top WWE star will be taking time away from wrestling
- SPOILER: Update on The Undertaker’s status with WWE and it looks like good news
- Sting and Hulk Hogan to reunite next month