Brock Lesnar might be the Universal Champion and running through everyone who comes his way to challenge him but the first-ever WWE Universal Champion never lost his title and he wants it back. Finn Balor had the opportunity at Elimination Chamber to earn a spot at the Show Of Shows against Brock Lesnar for the Universal Title, but it was all taken away with one running powerslam from Braun Strowman.
Balor spoke to WWE’s cameras after his elimination from the Chamber match and he didn’t seem too happy about his defeat. But Finn also said the hunt will continue to regain the championship he never lost in the first place. After all, a shoulder injury caused him to relinquish the Universal Title the night after SummerSlam 2016, and he’s yet to have a fair shot at the title since his return.
Perhaps Balor will be in line to challenge for the WWE Universal Title once more, but he might need to wait. Becuase Roman Reigns is now next in line to face Brock Lesnar at the Grandest Stage Of Them All. In the meantime, it looks like Balor needs to make other WrestleMania plans for this year.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- You’ll be surprised to find out who came up with the Gauntlet match on WWE Raw
- Big Japanese name turns down ROH in hopes of eventual WWE contract
- Why The Miz missed last week’s Raw house shows
- NXT star returns after breast augmentation surgery
- Blood and piledrivers banned from WrestleMania weekend