Chris Benoit is on a lot of people’s minds right now. Former referee Marty Elias recently opened up about the backstage mood surrounding the tragedy of the Chris Benoit double murder/suicide and now John Cena is fielding a question about the same topic.
John Cena was pulled from this weekend’s house shows so he could tour around Australia for some promotional activities. During one of his stops, he participated in a Q&A session where a fan asked him why WWE has erased Chris Benoit’s memory from their history.
John Cena was very astute in his response and spoke quite clearly about the controversial subject matter.
“Very difficult question, and I’ll answer it like this” John Cena replied. “Often times, we get caught up in a person’s ability and their performance, and this transcends WWE, this is a problem in sport. It is also a problem in entertainment. People will do bad things. But if they are good at what they do, sometimes those things are overlooked. I don’t believe in that. I believe you should take ownership for your actions. All of them. Not just ones that are performed in front of an audience. I think our company’s stance on the entire situation set a precedent for athletics and a precedent for entertaining of taking ownership for your actions.”
They certainly put John Cena on the spot there. We can only imagine how a Superstar with less experience would have handled such a delicate question. You can watch Super Cena’s reply to the tough question below.
John Cena had a great answer to why WWE no longer acknowledge Chris Benoit
Posted by WWE Australian Fans on Saturday, July 8, 2017
There’s been a ton of news over the last couple of days. Here are some of the top news items that you might have missed:
- Austin Aries was released. Click here for the backstage news surrounding his exit from WWE.
- Click here for huge spoilers on Sunday’s WWE Great Balls Of Fire pay-per-view.
- Former TNA Wrestling head honcho Dixie Carter (yes, really) will be appearing on WWE TV for the first time. Click here to read that story.
- A WWE star is injured and needs knee surgery. Click here for more on that story.
- You’ll never guess what WWE is considering doing for the Royal Rumble. Click here for that story.
- A sad and troubling video of a former WWE Superstar has people concerned. Thankfully, WWE has stepped in to help him so hopefully, there is a happy ending. Click here to read that story.