It turns out that when Ronda Rousey showed up to the Royal Rumble this year she didn’t just surprise everyone in the WWE Universe because even an old friend like Shayna Baszler didn’t know what was going on.
WWE caught up with Baszler where she admitted that even she had no idea that Rousey would be appearing during the closing moments of this year’s Royal Rumble pay-per-view event.
“I was just as surprised as everyone else,” Shayna Baszler said. She kept that from everyone else because in her own words she wanted us to feel the genuine excitement that the rest of the world felt.”
The Queen Of Spades is obviously happy for her fellow Horsewoman for making a big splash in WWE with her debut. She is living a dream at this point and having a lot of fun in the process. Who knows if Baszler and Rousey will have anything to do with each other in WWE, but whether they’re allies, enemies, or they are kept separate it certainly sounds like Shayna Baszler is going to have a great time watching her friend dive headfirst into WWE.
— WWE (@WWE) February 5, 2018
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- WWE star has heat with management
- WWE NXT star was in line for a major push but has disappeared from all shows
- Reason why two WWE NXT stars have disappeared from TV and live events
- Update on Bobby Lashley’s WWE return, post-WrestleMania plans
- WWE legends had to dress in the dark for Raw 25