Drew McIntyre is determined to get back to work as soon as possible. He not only lost his NXT Title to Andrade Cien Almas at NXT TakeOver: WarGames but he also went down with a torn bicep in the process. Since then Drew has worked hard to recuperate and continue to strengthen himself.
McIntyre had the surgery necessary for that kind of injury and since then he’s been training for a return to reclaim a top spot in NXT. If he plays his cards right it might only be a matter of time before the former Chosen One finds himself on the main roster once again.
But Drew McIntyre isn’t taking anything for granted and grinding every day to keep himself in peak condition. It is said he’s lifting 397 pounds at this point which is more than he was able to bench before his corrective procedure.
Only time will tell how soon it will be until the NXT Universe gets a return of Drew McIntyre, but judging by the looks of it we could see McIntyre back in the ring very soon.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- SPOILER: WWE has big plans for Samoa Joe
- WATCH: Alexa Bliss wants a match with a WWE Hall Of Famer
- Kevin Owens changes name on Twitter and loses verification
- Kenny Omega on WWE’s treatment of homosexual characters
- Reason why Daniel Bryan looked so good in the ring on SmackDown Live