WWE announced on Friday that Maria Menounos will be the special ring announcer for Sunday’s women’s Royal Rumble match. As previously noted, Stephanie McMahon will be joining the announce table for that match as well.
The news about Menounous’ ring announcing gig first got out when she let it slip when she filled in on “Live with Kelly and Ryan” on Friday.
WWE is hoping for tons of press after Sunday’s pay-per-view so I am betting on at least one big surprise during the women’s Rumble match to get people talking and for media outlets to pick up on Monday morning.
WWE will be doing another “first-ever” women’s match at next month’s pay-per-view. Click here to read more on that story. Also, three more matches have been added to Sunday’s card. Click here for the updated Royal Rumble card.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- WWE news on why The Undertaker seemed a bit off during his ‘Raw 25’ promo
- A ‘WWE Raw 25’ segment was originally supposed to take place at the Manhattan Center
- The real reason why WWE fired Enzo Amore
- Matt Hardy to undergo another transformation?
- WWE star injured with a torn ACL