A few weeks ago on Smackdown Live, WWE introduced a “Smackdown Top 10” list and the idea was for the talent to vote. It was never made clear what the long-term plans were for the top 10 list but it seemed to be a mix of some sort of ranking system and a tool for them to put together match-ups on the shows.
As noted in this week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the belief is that they are done with the top 10 list. The list was mentioned on one show and then they did an angle where Roode was ranked over Orton and it was brought up in a promo. Other than that, they haven’t talked about it on TV.
So there is just one more example of Vince McMahon coming up with something and then changing his mind.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- Here is what we know about The Undertaker “American Badass” return rumors
- WWE news on post-WrestleMania plans for Roman Reigns
- Don’t hold your breath on The Shield reuniting in the near future
- SPOILERS: Top indie star turns down Impact Wrestling to remain available
- SPOILER: WWE has big plans for Samoa Joe