As we noted on Saturday night, Ethan Carter III said goodbye to the company after he was written out of storylines.
Carter was one of the wrestlers to win a “Feast or Fired” briefcase. Long-time fans know that three briefcases hold a title shot and one holds a pink slip. The person with the pink slip gets fired. In most cases when they’ve done it in the past, the pink slip stipulation was legitimate and that is the case this year.
EC3’s contract expires before the next set of TV tapings and he is expected to go to WWE. It will be interesting to see if WWE decides to use the EC3 name. He owns the trademark but the EC3 name is so closely tied to Dixie Carter that it would not shock me if WWE decided to go with a different name.
Carter said goodbye to fans at ringside and later posted the following photo on Twitter:
— ec3™️ (@therealec3) January 14, 2018
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- SPOILER: Major match with a returning Superstar planned for WrestleMania
- Headliner for WWE Hall Of Fame reportedly confirmed and it’s a big one
- Former WWE Women’s/Divas Champion contacted about returning for the women’s Royal Rumble
- SPOILER: Another name returning for the Raw 25th anniversary show
- Former WWE Women’s Champion is returning for the Royal Rumble