People who work for All Elite Wrestling have been saying that they are worried about their show and they don’t consider themselves to be in a war with WWE. Apparently, Vince McMahon didn’t get the memo.
Chris Jericho and director/actor Kevin Smith (from “Jay and Silent Bob”) were interviewed on The Rich Eisen Show for Bleacher Report Live. Smith talked about how much fun he and Jason Mewes (Jay) had while attending AEW Dynamite last week. He revealed that he was scheduled to be on Friday Night SmackDown on FOX but that changed when WWE found out that they were on AEW Dynamite.
Smith said, “We were supposed to go do WWE, me and Jay [on Friday for SmackDown] … Then the morning [after Dynamite] we were told that WWE was like you can’t come on anymore and they canceled us…”
While most of the wrestlers in WWE are rooting for AEW to succeed, it looks like Vince McMahon is still in the war mindset he had in the late 90s when he was competing against WCW.
You can watch Smith and Jericho’s interview by clicking below: