Jinder Mahal is currently in India on a press tour to promote their upcoming shows in Abu Dhabi. On Friday, he made an announcement on the set of WWE Sunday Dhamaal, the WWE recap show that airs exclusively in India. He revealed that he will be facing Kevin Owens in December.
It may not sense to most fans to have two top heels facing each other but it makes perfect sense in India where Mahal is portrayed as a hero and WWE’s biggest babyface. Few fans know this but while Mahal may cut anti-American promos on Smackdown every week, the company airs babyface promos for him in India with the idea being that more fans in that part of the world will tune into WWE programming (and buy tickets and merchandise) since they have someone that they can relate to. Click here if you want to see what a babyface Jinder Mahal promo looks like for the fans in India.
— The Maharaja (@JinderMahal) October 13, 2017
WWE will head to Abu Dhabi, at the Zayed Sports City Tennis Stadium on Thursday, December 7. Then, in partnership with Sony Pictures Networks India, they will head to New Delhi at the Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium for shows on Friday, December 8 and Saturday, December 9.
Check out some of the trending WWE news stories below:
- WWE attempts to make things right with Alicia Fox
- Former WWE star and a former TNA star spotted at the Performance Center
- Alexa Bliss talks WWE changing her segment with Mickie James
- WATCH: John Cena chugs beer through his butt in new trailer for “Blockers”
- Sabu stabs Jimmy Havoc in the face at IPW show (Photos)