Connect with us

Photo Credit: WWE


WWE News

WWE contacts several former stars about returning to the company

The brand split is approaching and WWE needs to fill out their rosters by next month. It’s already known that they will be moving several NXT names up to the main roster but the company is looking at getting some veterans back in the mix. We already know that Yoshihiro Tajiri and Brian Kendrick are being brought back for the Cruiserweight Classic and I wouldn’t be surprised if they ended up with full-time deals.

On Sunday morning’s Wrestling Observer radio, Dave Meltzer confirmed that WWE has called a bunch of different names in the last 24 to 48 hours about returning to the company. There are several names that he has talked to but was told to keep quiet on them but he was able to reveal that names like Carlito, MVP, Stevie Richards and many others have been called. Some of the other names contacted are over 40 years old and pretty much everyone that is available is being contacted.

It would be interesting to see if the company has changed their tune on Kurt Angle. WWE has wanted to stay away from bringing him back because of Vince McMahon’s concern for his health. If the company is open to bringing him back and he can pass the medical tests, then I don’t see why he couldn’t wrestle a very limited schedule or, perhaps, be used as the coach for American Alpha.

Another name that I could see returning is Jeff Hardy. The last word on him was that TNA was going to negotiate a new deal with him at this past week’s tapings. So far, there’s no word on if he’s signed a new deal with them. Hardy has publicly said that he would like another WWE run and would love to end his career at WrestleMania.

 


Got a news tip? Send us an email at newstips@wrestlingnews.co
Follow us on FacebookInstagram - Twitter





Comments
To Top