WWE can let someone use their own name and still put their own copyright on it. They’ve done the same thing with John Cena, Randy Orton, and Brock Lesnar in the past and now it looks like they could continue that tradition with a new recruit.
War Machine’s signing is a very exciting thing but it looks like WWE could alter at least one of their names. Although he was previously referred to as “War Beard Hanson” by WWE in an official sense, it looks like WWE might be going with his real name Todd Smith from now on judging by a recent article from WWE.com. Todd Smith is Warbear Hanson’s real name, but it might not have the same monster appeal as his previous alias. For what it’s worth his partner Raymond Rowe has gone by his real name for years.
It should also be noted Ricochet was also referenced as Trevor “Ricochet” Mann which is interesting.
Only time will tell what monikers these super popular indie wrestlers will have when they make their official debuts for WWE. But no matter what they call them, it won’t change the outstanding potential they all have.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Carmella seems to confirm breakup with Big Cass
- Three more top stars at Impact Wrestling could be leaving soon
- Former WWE Champion confirms that he has been invited to Raw 25th anniversary show
- A WWE return for Neville might be his best option right now
- Another former WWE Superstar confirmed for the Raw 25th anniversary show