Connect with us

Photo Credit: WWE


WWE News

WWE did consider having Sean Waltman in the Royal Rumble

WWE Hall Of Famer Sean Waltman made it known earlier this week that he told WWE in advance that if they wanted to use him for the Men’s Royal Rumble match then he would be interested. Waltman added that he wasn’t actively campaigning for it and guessed they weren’t interested.

On the latest SRS Q&A Podcast, Sean Ross Sapp was asked whether there was any talk in WWE of using Waltman in the match and there was. However, just like previous reports have stated, WWE didn’t want to use many outside names including former wrestlers and NXT stars for the men’s match.

“Yes, there was. However, I was told they wanted to lean away from NXT 2.0 talent and a lot of outside names for the men, which is what we saw.”

After getting knee surgery done last year, Waltman is ready to finish out his career on his terms. He is scheduled to team with Joey Janela against Matt Cardona and Brian Myers at GCW: Heartbreak on February 25 in Los Angeles.

If you use any portion of the quotes from this article please credit SRS Q&A Podcast with a h/t to WrestlingNews.co for the transcription


Got a news tip? Send us an email at newstips@wrestlingnews.co
Follow us on FacebookInstagram - Twitter





Comments
To Top