WWE Friday Night SmackDown
June 17th, 2022
The Target Center
Welcome to our live coverage of WWE Friday Night SmackDown, which is emanating from The Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Announced for tonight's show, we will hear from the WWE chairman of the board, Vincent Kennedy McMahon, Happy Corbin will battle Madcap Moss in a "Last Laugh" match, Max Dupri will reveal the newest member of Maximum Male Models, and Roman Reigns will defend his Undisputed Universal championship against Riddle.
- Smackdown kicks off with the chairman of the board, Vince McMahon. Vince says that it is a privilege to stand in front of the WWE universe in Minnesota, Vince reminds us of the four words, then, now, forever, and together, Vince welcomes us to Smackdown and leaves.
- Riddle makes his entrance. Riddle says that he wants to take a stroll through memory lane, Riddle then shows us a video package highlighting the feud between himself and Roman Reigns, Riddle says that he's been waiting a long time for this opportunity and his family, friends, and Randy are watching at home, Riddle wishes Randy best of luck on his operation, Riddle says that he misses Randy and that he loves and misses him, Riddle says that Orton has sacrificed everything over the last twenty years to entertain us, Riddle says that he's dedicating his match tonight to Randy, Riddle then leaves with Orton's iconic "voices" theme song.
- We get a video package highlighting the feud between Madcap Moss and Happy Corbin.
- Madcap Moss makes his entrance, Madcap Moss vs Happy Corbin is next.
Match 1: Last Laugh match: Madcap Moss vs Happy Corbin
- The match starts off with Madcap leapfrogging over Corbin before landing a back elbow to the face of Corbin, Madcap then lands a knee into the face of Corbin, followed by a shoulder tackle from the top rope, Madcap then sends Corbin crashing into the turnbuckles with a strong Irish whip, Corbin then chokes Madcap on the top rope, Madcap then lands a running shoulder tackle on Corbin, followed by a shoulder tackle to Corbin in the corner, Madcap then catches Corbin before landing a fallaway slam, Madcap goes for a neckbreaker but Corbin counters and slams Madcap shoulder first into the ring post, Corbin then closelines Madcap into the timekeeper's area as we go to commercial break.
- We are back from commercial as we see Corbin and Madcap exchanging punches on the apron, Corbin then closelines Madcap back into the ring, Corbin puts Madcap on the top rope but Madcap knocks him off with a series of punches, Madcap lands a sunset flip for a two count, Corbin then hits the deep six on Madcap for a nearfall, Corbin goes for a powerbomb but Madcap lands on his feet, Corbin then hits Madcap with a chokeslam, Corbin then sends Madcap into the ringpost shoulder first, Madcap then slams Corbin's face into the announce table, Corbin runs back into the ring at nine but Madcap immediately hits the punch line neckbreaker, Madcap then hits another punch line neckbreaker for the pinfall victory.
Winner via pinfall: Madcap Moss at 9:23.
- After the match, Madcap gets on the mic and laughs at Corbin.
- The Street Profits are backstage to hype up tonight's episode of Smackdown. The Street Profits challenge The Usos to a tag title championship match at Money In The Bank.
- Happy Corbin then interrupts the announcers, Corbin says that he heard Pat making jokes about him and when he was down, Pat made up the catchphrase "bumass Corbin." Corbin says that he will throw Pat in the ring and make him wish he was dead. Pat McAfee stands up, Pat says that he thought this was a last laugh match, meaning that if Corbin lost he would have to leave while getting laughed at, Pat then directs the crowd to sing at Corbin and laugh at him as he leaves.
- The New Day make their entrance, The New Day vs Jinder Mahal and Shanky is next.
- Natalya says that she's going to beat respect into Ronda Rousey, Natalya says that the sharpshooter is the most devastating submission in WWE history, Natalya says that Ronda isn't here tonight, Natalya says that her sharpshooter humbles legends and breaks bones, Natalya says that she's going to be the first woman to make Ronda Rousey tap out.
Match 2: Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods vs Shanky and Jinder Mahal
- The match starts off with Xavier Woods and Jinder Mahal, Jinder lands a scoop suplex on Xavier, followed by a kick to the stomach of Xavier in the corner, Xavier then hits a springboard dropkick from the second rope for a two count, The New Day then land a doubleteam running bulldog to Jinder, Jinder then tags in Shanky, Kofi lands a dropkick on Shanky, Shanky then lands a chop to the chest of Kofi, followed by a closeline, turning Kofi inside out, Shanky then throws Kofi from the corner, Xavier then starts playing his trombone from the apron, causing Shanky to dance, Jinder then tags in, Kofi then hits Jinder with the trouble in paradise for the pinfall victory.
Winners via pinfall: The New Day at 3:03.
- We get a video package hyping up the return of The Viking Raiders, next week on Smackdown.
- Drew McIntyre makes his entrance, we will learn if Drew McIntyre or Sheamus get the shot at Money In The Bank next.
- Adam Pearce is in the ring with Drew McIntyre. Sheamus then makes his entrance, Pearce says that they Money In The Bank guarantees a title match, Drew says that no one cares about numbers and statistics, Drew said if he isn't put in the match there's a 100% chance he kicks someone's ass tonight, Sheamus says that he's successfully cashed in the Money In The Bank contract, where as Drew has been cashed in on. Pearce says that Sheamus and Drew McIntyre are both in the Money In The Bank ladder match, Drew attacks Sheamus with punches as Pearce tries to break them up, Drew then closelines Sheamus over the top rope, Sheamus runs into the ring but is immediately met with a claymore kick.
- Sami Zayn is interviewed outside of Roman's office, Zayn says that there's no ill will and that everything is fine with Roman Reigns.
- Raquel Rodriguez makes her entrance, Raquel Rodriguez vs Shayna Baszler in a Money In The Bank qualifying match is next.
Match 3: Raquel Rodriguez vs Shayna Baszler
- The match starts off with Raquel picking up Shayna and slamming her in the corner, Raquel then lands a series of shoulder tackles in the corner to the stomach of Shayna, Raquel then sends Shayna crashing with a strong Irish whip in the corner, Shayna then traps Raquel's ankle inbetween the ropes and turnbuckle, Shayna then continues to work on the leg of Raquel with kicks, Raquel then lands a big boot on Shanya for a two count, Raquel goes for a running powerslam but Shayna counters and lands a chopblock on the leg of Raquel, Shayna then lands a running knee to the face of Raquel, Raquel then hits the Texena bomb for the pinfall victory.
Winner via pinfall: Raquel Rodriguez at 3:17.
- Max Dupri is shown in Adam Pearce's office, Dupri says that he won't send his men down to the ring under this condition, Dupri says that Pearce promised him more, Dupri tells Pearce that he has to fix this if he wants to see Maximum Male Models.
- Ludwig Kaiser says that the best Intercontinental champions have been foreign, Kaiser says that the Intercontinental Championship will never be held by an American ever again.
Match 4: Undisputed Universal championship: Roman Reigns (c) vs Riddle
- The match starts off with Riddle running at Roman with punches and kicks in the corner, Roman then lands an uppercut on Riddle, Reigns then punching away at Riddle in each corner, Riddle then lands a kick to the chest of Reigns, followed by a fisherman's suplex, Riddle then lands a running kicks to the chest of Roman from the apron, Riddle then takes out Reigns with a corkscrew from the apron to the outside as we go to commercial break.
- We are back from commercial as we see Riddle and Roman exchanging shots in the ring, Reigns then gets on top of Riddle, allowing him to land a series of punches and elbows, Reigns then chokes Riddle against the bottom rope, Reigns then hits the drive-by to Riddle on the apron for a nearfall, Reigns then puts Riddle in a neckbreaker, Riddle and Reigns then exchange punches and chops, Riddle then hits Reigns with an overhead kick, Riddle then lands two running forearms to Reigns in the corner, Riddle then hits a suplex on Reigns, Riddle goes for a senton but Reigns gets his knees up, Riddle hits the floating bro on Roman for a nearfall, Reigns then hits a modified chokeslam for a two count, Reigns then picks up Riddle and slams him back first on the announce table as we go to commercial break.
- We are back from commercial as we see Reigns taunting over Riddle, Reigns then goes for the superman punch but Riddle counters with a jumping knee to the face of Roman, Riddle then lands a powerslam on Reigns, Riddle goes for the second rope DDT but Reigns goes to the outside, Riddle then slams Roman back first on the announce table, Reigns then slams Riddle face first into the ringpost, Riddle then hits the second rope DDT on Roman, Riddle goes for an RKO but Reigns blocks it, Reigns then hits a superman punch for a nearfall, Reigns goes for a spear but Riddle hits the RKO but Roman kicks out at 2, Riddle then hits the floating bro on Reigns, Riddle goes for another but Reigns counters, Riddle goes for a springboard off the second rope but Reigns catches him in mid-air for the pinfall victory.
Winner and STILL WWE Undisputed Universal champion: Roman Reigns at 16:57.
- After the match, Roman says that there is no one left, Roman says that he wrecked Riddle and now he's leaving, Roman tells Minneapolis to acknowledge him, Brock Lesnar then makes his return. Brock and Roman then stare each other down in the ring. Brock offers to shake Roman's hand, Roman accepts but Brock hits Roman with an F5, Brock takes out Jimmy and Jey Uso with F5's, Smackdown ends with Brock Lesnar standing over a fallen Bloodline.