WWE Friday Night SmackDown
April 15, 2022
Tonight’s show will feature Ricochet defending the Intercontinental Championship against Jinder Mahal and in a rematch from last week’s show and Drew McIntyre will take on Sami Zayn. WWE has also announced that RK-Bro will be on the show and they will be looking for The Usos. Presumably, we’ll find out more about what is next for Roman Reigns and there will be more hype for the next pay-per-view, WrestleMania Backlash.
– Smackdown kicks off with a video package recapping the events that happened Monday night on Raw between The Usos, RK-Bro, and The Street Profits.
– The Raw tag champions, RK-Bro come out unexpectedly to kick things off, Riddle says that he’s super excited to be back on Smackdown with Randy, Orton says they are here because the Usos attacked them on their show in their ring and that they challenged them to a tag title unification match, Orton calls out The Usos so they can give their official answer on their show, The Usos come out welcoming RK-Bro to Smackdown, where the Bloodline reside, The Usos warn RK-Bro about facing them because they are actually Brothers and are the longest reigning tag champions in Smackdown history, Usos says that RK-Bro should go back to Raw because they’re the twos and they are the ones, Orton calls them “a*holes” and “b*itches” while listing off his accomplishments and records, Orton accepts The Usos challenge for a title unification match as they all staredown while holding up their titles. The Usos attack Riddle, throat first on the top rope before cowerding away.
– Sasha Banks and Naomi are backstage, Sasha says all she has to do is follow her lead before Rhea Ripley and Liv Morgan interrupt, Naomi says that the glow always outshines the light before storming off for the opening match.
– Orton and Riddle storm into Adam Pearce’s office wanting the title unification match, Pearce says they will have an answer tonight and that Riddle gets a match against Jimmy Uso later tonight.
Match 1: Naomi vs Rhea Ripley:
– Both Liv Morgan and Sasha Banks are at ringside for this matchup, Rhea and Naomi lock up with Rhea getting the advantage, Naomi tries to counter but is overpowered, followed by Rhea hitting Naomi in the corner with shoulder tackles. Rhea goes got a big boot but Naomi slides under her matrix style, Rhea than slams Naomi against the top turnbuckle, Naomi fights back with a kick to the outside, Rhea hits a nasty looking closeline on the outside as we go to commercial break.
– We are back from Commercial break as Rhea is still working and wearing down Naomi, Naomi fights back and hits a scissors-kick on Rhea, Naomi hit a flying cross-body for a near fall on Rhea. Naomi then hits a scissors DDT of sorts for another near fall, Rhea fights back and hits a northern lights suplex for a near fall on Naomi. Rhea climbs to the top but Naomi quickly joins her, Rhea goes for the riptide from the second rope but Naomi counters, Rhea hits a top rope missle dropkick for yet another close nearfall, Naomi hits a full-nelson slam for a near fall but Rhea counters it into the riptide for the victory.
Winner via pinfall= Rhea Ripley at 8:47.
– We get a video package recapping what happened last Friday night between Madcap Moss and Happy Corbin.
– Happy Corbin is interviewed by Megan Morant, Corbin says that Madcap was his lackey and that he carried him for way too long, Corbin says that he would still be undefeated if it wasn’t for Moss and tells everyone to wait for Moss to fall on his face and become the laughing stock of Smackdown.
– Michael Cole and Pat McAfee send us to Drew Gulak as he’s trying to be an announcer now, his first interview is with Madcap Moss, Madcap gives Corbin credit for bringing him to Smackdown and that Corbin also told him all his jokes, which is why they sucked, Madcap taunts Los Lotharios KissCam by showing his behind in the shot.
Match #2: Madcap Moss vs Humberto.
– Before the match, we get the KissCam with Los Lotharios and a few lucky women in the crowd. Madcap and Humberto lock up to start the match with Humberto getting the upperhand in the corner, Angel takes a cheapshot at Moss while he is in the corner, Humberto continues to work over Moss, Moss fights back with the comeback, catching Humberto in mid-air for a fall-away slam, Madcap Moss picks up the victory in short fashion after hitting the “punch line”.
Winner via pinfall: Madcap Moss at 2:27.
– After the match Angel yells at Humberto as we are taken backstage to Adam Pearce’s office, Charlotte walks in livid wondering who made the I Quit match with Ronda Rousey official, Drew Gulak then comes in asking if he did a good job as an announcer, Charlotte yells at him and says that he can interview her in the ring if he wants this job so badly.
– Michael Cole and Pat McAfee announce that RK-Bro vs The Usos is made official for WrestleMania: Backlash.
– Drew Gulak is in the ring to conduct his interview with the Queen, Charlotte Flair. Gulak asks Charlotte if she’s concerned about Ronda’s submission game, Charlotte said she didn’t refuse the match and that she was doing her a favor by telling her to go back to the end of the line because of her ego and how devastated she was after their match at Wrestlemania, Gulak says that it looked like Ronda made Charlotte tap out at Mania, Charlotte insists that she was fixing her bra rather than tapping out. Gulak says that if the referee didn’t get knocked out Ronda would be the champion, Charlotte still claims that she didn’t tap, Charlotte then asks Gulak if he quit being a competitor so he could ask stupid questions, she claims he quit because he is a quitter, Charlotte claims that everyone is a quitter who quits their jobs, GYM memberships, and relationships, Charlotte says that winning is in her DNA and that she is the submission Master, Charlotte than claims that Gulak doesn’t deserve to interview her and she sends him out of the ring, Charlotte than attacks Gulak from behind with a chop-block followed by a figure 8, making Gulak tap out. Charlotte doesn’t let go of the hold until Gulak screams “i quit” multiple times as referees have to come out to pull Charlotte off.
– Gunther and Ludwig Kaiser are backstage, Ludwig says that Gunther respects this sacred sport, Gunther says that you will obey to them.
Match 3: Drew McIntyre vs Sami Zayn
– Before the match Sami Zayn cuts a promo saying that his reputation has been ruined because people think that he ran away from Drew last week but it’s all apart of his masterplan, Zayn says that he’s going to beat Drew and gain back the respect from the fans that he’s earned.
– The match starts and Sami Zayn tries to run outside as Drew grabs him and slams him against the barricade, Sami then tries to run and hide behind Drew, Drew throws him back in as Sami rolls outside, Sami then get the upperhand by gouging Drew’s eyes, Drew fights back and lays out Sami with a headbutt before going for the claymore, Sami continues to run away, this time running through the crowd, Sami doesn’t answer the count of 10, resulting in Drew getting the countout victory two weeks in a row. Drew then runs into the crowd and taunts as Sami runs to the back.
Winner via countout= Drew McIntyre at 2:40.
– Kayla Braxton interviews Ricochet about his upcoming title offense against Jinder Mahal, Ricochet says that he sees another man that needs to be chopped down and that people call him flawless because he makes everything look flawless.
Match 4: Intercontinental Championship: Ricochet (c) vs Jinder Mahal
-Jinder Mahal starts the match with a bodyslam, followed by a headlock and punches in the corner, Ricochet makes a comeback with a flying crossbody followed by a standing shooting star for the nearfall, Shanky pulls Jinder out of ring to save him for the 630, Ricochet then hits a flying crossbody on both Jinder and Shanky on the outside, Ricochet throws Jinder back in the ring and hits a shooting star from the top rope to retain his Intercontinental Championship.
Winner by pinfall and still Intercontinental Champion: Ricochet at 3:03.
– Sheamus, Ridge Holland, and Butch are interviewed backstage about what happened last week, Sheamus says that they are all on the same page and that they are going to keep Butch under control, Ridge Holland then informs Sheamus that they lost Butch as we go into Commercial.
– Xavier Woods and Kofi Kingston are backstage signing things and making jokes before they are attacked by Butch, Sheamus, and Ridge Holland, they all brawl as referees have to separate them.
– We get part 2 of the Lacey Evans story, she says that her dad made her work very hard while she was left starving and having to pick up broken glass, she says that her dad was in trouble for another assault chatge before they had to go back on the road, she said that she had to learn how fight while dealing with CPS and law enforcement but neither helped her as she learned that she had to fight for herself and defend herself, she says when all else fails keep your head up and work hard, she says that she comfortable at rock bottom and nothing anyone here does will get to her because she’s been through it all, they then show Natalya and Shayna Baszler backstage watching, Natalya says that the women nowadays don’t have respect and that the new girl has taken over her locker room, Raquel Gonzalez introduces herself to Natalya and Shanya Baszler as they shake hands and smugly walk away.
– Set for next week’s Smackdown:
Madcap Moss vs Angel.
Drew McIntyre vs Sami Zayn in a Lumberjack match.
Match 5: Jimmy Uso vs Riddle
– The Match starts off with Riddle wrestling down Jimmy and attempting an RKO before Jimmy could roll to the outside, Jimmy suckers in Riddle for a closeline inside the ring before beating down and getting the heat, Riddle tries to make a comeback but Jimmy knocks him down with an elbow and chops in the corner. Riddle counters and delivers a kick to the check of Jimmy before hitting a throw, Jimmy once again rolls to the outside and trips up Riddle on the apron, followed by a slam in the steel steps and barricade, Jimmy hits a superkick to Riddle, sending him over the barricade as we go to commercial.
– We are back from break as Riddle and Jimmy are exchanging blows, followed by a kick from Jimmy for the nearfall. They continue to go back and forth, Riddle hits a GTS and a German suplex for a very close nearfall, Riddle attempts to hit the floating Bro but Jimmy gets his knees up followed by a Samoan drop for the near fall. Jey and Orton argue outside, Jimmy takes out Orton with a baseball slide followed by a knee from Riddle, Riddle goes to the top but Jey knocks him down, Orton slams Jey back first on the announce table, Jimmy then throws up Riddle for a Samoan drop but is hit with an RKO out of nowhere by Riddle for the win. Smackdown ends with RK-Bro celebrating with the tag titles.
Winner via pinfall: Riddle at 9:05.