If you are wondering why WWE has not brought up Donald Trump on WWE programming since he became President, it’s because they have made a decision not to bring politics into the product. Stephanie McMahon addressed the Trump question when she was asked at the Television Critics Association panel in Los Angeles on Tuesday. Trump is a WWE Hall Of Famer in their celebrity wing and he’s done business with them at different WrestleMania’s, most notably as part of the Battle of the Billionaires angle at WrestleMania 23.
WWE has a sizzle reel that gets updated every few months and it includes some of their charitable work, mainstream media appearances by wrestlers, and the different celebrities that have appeared on their shows.
Although Linda McMahon is part of Trump’s administration, WWE made the decision to stay away from mentioning Trump because he is a divisive President. Also, the WWE fan base skews heavily Democratic with a large part of the audience being latino so it makes sense to not alienate the fanbase.
McMahon and Triple H took other questions during the panel. Click here to read about what McMahon and Triple H said about Rich Swann’s WWE status.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- SPOILER: Major match with a returning Superstar planned for WrestleMania
- Headliner for WWE Hall Of Fame reportedly confirmed and it’s a big one
- Former WWE Women’s/Divas Champion contacted about returning for the women’s Royal Rumble
- SPOILER: Another name returning for the Raw 25th anniversary show
- Former WWE Women’s Champion is returning for the Royal Rumble
Click here and join the discussion on our brand new forum!