WWE has decided to continue with plans to do the Crown Jewel show in Saudi Arabia. The decision to continue with the show was mentioned in the quarterly report released today.
Here is what was said about Saudi Arabia:
WWE has operated in the Middle East for nearly 20 years and has developed a sizable and dedicated fan base. Considering the heinous crime committed at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, the Company faced a very difficult decision as it relates to its event scheduled for November 2 in Riyadh. Similar to other U.S.-based companies who plan to continue operations in Saudi Arabia, the Company has decided to uphold its contractual obligations to the General Sports Authority and stage the event.
As we wrote about earlier this week, the creative team was told that John Cena would not be taking part in the event in Saudi Arabia so it will be interesting to see how WWE explains his absence. Robbie Fox from Barstool Sports reported that Daniel Bryan was refusing to go to Saudi Arabia.