We noted several days ago that Matt Hardy has taken ownership of all “Broken Universe” trademarks.
Well, it looks like we are getting closer to seeing “Broken” Matt Hardy and footage from Impact Wrestling on WWE television. PWInsider reports that sources at Impact Wrestling have confirmed that they have made a deal to allow “Broken Universe” content to be licensed to WWE. Presumably, this would include footage shot at The Hardy compound in North Carolina.
It’s rare to see content from other active wrestling promotions on WWE television but it is not unheard of because they have shown Ring Of Honor footage on their website when spotlighting former ROH wrestlers in the past.
Hardy has teased lately on social media that “Woken” might soon turn to “Broken” Matt Hardy. WWE is also working on a documentary on The Hardys and their family so that might be part of the reason why WWE wanted to get the footage.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- SmackDown Live star finds loaded gun in rental car
- Vince McMahon steps aside, major changes to 205 Live
- Baron Corbin was kept off SmackDown Live this week for a very good reason
- WWE has picked a replacement for Jason Jordan at house shows
- Nia Jax’s opponent on Raw this week wasn’t old enough to vote