WWE is apparently not happy with Chris Jericho’s decision to sign with All Elite Wrestling and, as he said during the rally on Tuesday, “change the Universe,”
WWE removed him from the opening title video that features past and present Superstars. They have also moved him to the alumni section of their website.
As all of you know by now, Jericho is fully on board with All Elite Wrestling after talks with WWE stalled. According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Jericho had talks with WWE as recently as late December.
Apparently, whatever WWE was offering was not enough to get Jericho to sign. When he showed up at the All Elite Wrestling rally on Tuesday, he told the fans there that he didn’t sign because he needed the money but he signed because he wanted to do something different.
Jericho could also make big waves this year with New Japan Pro Wrestling. He is no longer under a deal with them but he still wants to continue working with them and he wants to challenge Hiroshi Tanahashi for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship.
Check out the before (last week with Jericho included) and after (this week without Jericho) WWE screenshots below.
They removed Jericho from the WWE Intro. 👀 pic.twitter.com/i0M9Ouy2tB
— Diego (@diegp77) January 9, 2019