Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the WWE Championship was one of the main matches advertised for the Hell in a Cell pay-per-view but clearly, WWE did not see this match as the main event of the show because it took place before Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler and Kevin Owens vs. Shane McMahon inside Hell in a Cell.
As expected, The Singh Brothers got involved in the match but this time the referee took action and told them that they needed to leave the ringside area. Nakamura hit the Kinshasa while the referee was dealing with The Singh Brothers. Mahal was able to grab the bottom rope to stop the referee from counting to 3. Mahal tried to run away through the crowd but Nakamura brought him back in the ring.
Nakamura went for a knee to the face but hit the turnbuckle and Mahal then hit the Coloss finisher to retain the title. It felt like that was the end of the feud as the announcers pointed out that Mahal won without the help of The Sing Brothers.
Click here for complete WWE Hell in a Cell results.
— WWE (@WWE) October 9, 2017
Check out some of the trending WWE news stories below:
- Brian Knobbs looks great after dropping a ton of weight
- Backstage news on why WWE decided to reunite The Shield
- WWE news on possible plans for Braun Strowman at the TLC pay-per-view
- WATCH: Things get heated when Santino Marella confronted Jim Cornette at Detroit convention
- WWE Superstar hinting at retirement?