Baron Corbin is the new United States Champion. Corbin dominated most of the first-half of the match but things picked up and AJ Styles the match a couple of times but it was spoiled by Corbin.
The finish was Styles hitting the Phenomenal forearm on Tye Dillinger but Corbin ran in and kicked Styles out of the ring and then stole the pin. This is Corbin’s first time as U.S. Champion. I believe this feud will continue and Styles will get a rematch on a future episode of Smackdown Live or at the Survivor Series. The announcers made sure to point out that Styles lost the title while not being pinned.
Click here for complete WWE Hell in a Cell results.
— WWE (@WWE) October 9, 2017
Check out some of the trending WWE news stories below:
- Brian Knobbs looks great after dropping a ton of weight
- Backstage news on why WWE decided to reunite The Shield
- WWE news on possible plans for Braun Strowman at the TLC pay-per-view
- WATCH: Things get heated when Santino Marella confronted Jim Cornette at Detroit convention
- WWE Superstar hinting at retirement?