WWE SummerSlam is not confirmed for Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada. In fact, there are six stadiums still under consideration.
Sports Business Journal is reporting that the stadiums being considered to host the show are the following:
– Hard Rock Stadium (Miami, FL)
– SoFi Stadium (Inglewood, CA)
– NRG Stadium (Houston, TX)
– Allegiant Stadium (Las Vegas, NV)
– MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, New Jersey)
– Nissan Stadium (Nashville, TN)
It was noted via Andrew Zarian from the Mat Men Podcast that WWE was hoping to run the show on Saturday, August 21st. That would also be on the same night as Manny Pacquiao’s return to the boxing ring. That fight will take place in Las Vegas so, it would make sense for WWE to run elsewhere outside of Las Vegas. However, SBJ states that Las Vegas is still being considered.
This would be the first SummerSlam in a stadium since the 1992 show that was hosted at Wembley Stadium in London, England.