As noted on Monday night, Chris Jericho will be returning for the Monday Night Raw 25th anniversary show. Jericho is still working with New Japan Pro Wrestling and he will be facing Tetsuya Naito soon.
Jericho’s return is clearly a “one-off” along with most of the legends that are being brought back. However, it looks like WWE announced Jericho prematurely because a deal had not been signed, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio. That doesn’t mean that a deal won’t be signed this week or even by today. Jericho and Vince McMahon have a good relationship so no one is doubting that he’ll be appearing on the show on Monday night. The talk about Jericho returning for the 25th anniversary show dates back several months and New Japan Pro Wrestling officials knew this when they worked out their deal with him.
For those of you wondering if this will lead to a Royal Rumble appearance, that is not happening. Jericho will be in Paris, France as part of the Fozzy tour.
Click here for an updated list of names that will be appearing on the Raw 25th anniversary show.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Carmella seems to confirm breakup with Big Cass
- Three more top stars at Impact Wrestling could be leaving soon
- Former WWE Champion confirms that he has been invited to Raw 25th anniversary show
- A WWE return for Neville might be his best option right now
- Another former WWE Superstar confirmed for the Raw 25th anniversary show