You can add another WWE star to the list of guys working hurt. We noted a few days ago that Kofi Kingston was limping at the recent shows but it’s not serious enough to keep him off the road.
We also noted that the AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens matches have been kept short the shows in Hawaii and Japan. We haven’t confirmed an injury with either of them but the fact the matches have been so short is a strong indication that something is up with one of them. Dave Meltzer speculated on Sunday that perhaps Owens is recovering from the stiff headbutt he hit on Vince McMahon last week.
Fans in Osaka, Japan noticed that WWE Champion Jinder Mahal was wearing kinetic tape on his left shoulder so he is working hurt.
— キャッチの鯖 (@CACC_HSFC) September 17, 2017
The wrestling world is still mourning the passing of the late great WWE Hall Of Famer Bobby “The Brain” Heenan. Following the news of his passing, Bill Apter had the chance to talk with “Mean” Gene Okerlund and get his thoughts on The Brain.
Here are some more trending stories from the past couple of days:
- PHOTOS: WWE Mae Young Classic competitor Princesa Sugehit has been unmasked
- Reason why Stephanie McMahon came out for the Vince McMahon-Kevin Owens angle
- Two more top WWE NXT stars expected to move to the main roster soon
- AJ Styles wears a mask at WWE show in Japan
- What is going on with Luke Harper and Erick Rowan?