On Sunday's Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez discussed the angle that took place on Tuesday night with Kevin Owens and Vince McMahon. Meltzer noted in the Wrestling Observer newsletter that McMahon likely bladed and used something like nu-skin to cover the cut before heading out to the ring. That story has been confirmed but he may have used something else on his skin.
Meltzer said, "I've talked to a bunch of people about that angle...The angle was great but the headbutt was just completely stupid. It was the deal that we talked about. I think it might have been vaseline and not nu-skin but it was a pre-blade."
So, regardless of whether it was nu-skin or vaseline, he bladed shortly before he went to the ring. If you go back and watch the footage and freeze the video on some of the close-up shots then you can see that his skin tone was off. McMahon still needed to take a stiff blow to the head to make sure that the cut opened up. At 72 years old, I just don't think that's a good idea.
Meltzer talked about McMahon's history of taking head blows and his memory issues. Read more: Vince McMahon’s memory issues had people wondering if the headbutt from Kevin Owens was a bad idea
Here are some more trending stories from the past couple of days:
- PHOTOS: WWE Mae Young Classic competitor Princesa Sugehit has been unmasked
- Reason why Stephanie McMahon came out for the Vince McMahon-Kevin Owens angle
- Two more top WWE NXT stars expected to move to the main roster soon
- AJ Styles wears a mask at WWE show in Japan
- What is going on with Luke Harper and Erick Rowan?