At this point, it looks like WWE is going to make fans wait until WrestleMania so they can find out who will be teaming with Braun Strowman against Sheamus and Cesaro.
Sports Illustrated is reporting that Rey Mysterio will be Strowman's partner. Yes, I am aware that SI.com has been hit and miss with inside news but it's worth noting that Mysterio has committed to doing more New Japan Pro Wrestling shows. Mysterio has already said that he wants the match with Jushin Thunder Liger and he wants to wrestle Will Ospreay. Marty Scrull ripped off Mysterio's mask at Strong Style Evolved so that's a third potential match.
Mysterio is going to be in New Orleans during WreslteMania weekend for a signing appearance. He was originally scheduled to be at the 5 Star Wrestling show but that company has shut down.
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter noted that nobody had brought up anything regarding him doing anything at WrestleMania but anything is possible in WWE. Mysterio has been in talks to return and he probably would love to do it if they asked him.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- Here is what we know about The Undertaker “American Badass” return rumors
- WWE news on post-WrestleMania plans for Roman Reigns
- Don’t hold your breath on The Shield reuniting in the near future
- SPOILERS: Top indie star turns down Impact Wrestling to remain available
- SPOILER: WWE has big plans for Samoa Joe