It looks like the growing trend of shortening Superstar names isn’t going to stop with Elias, Big E, Rusev, or Cesaro because now you can add Apollo Crews to the list too.
WWE’s official profile for the Titus Worldwide member now lists his name as simply “Apollo.” There are several reasons why WWE could have made this decision, but in the end, it all probably comes down to marketability.
Apollo is a much stronger sounding name by itself, however, only time will tell if the actual reason for this switch sees the light of day. But one thing is for sure, it looks like one more WWE Superstar has lost their last name.
Catch up on some of the trending news stories from the past 24 hours by clicking below:
- Very surprising name being considered for the WWE Hall Of Fame
- It looks like Paige isn’t single anymore
- WWE Superstar could be finally turning heel
- NXT Star shows off brutal injury but works through the pain
- Braun Strowman’s reaction to that stiff shot from Brock Lesnar at the Royal Rumble