Following the brutal headbutt from Kevin Owens to Vince McMahon at the end of this week’s episode of Smackdown Live, WWE provided a brief update on their website.
The simple statement read: “WWE.com has learned that, following the attack, Mr. McMahon did not give comment and refused to be looked at by medical staff.”
I guess we’ll have to wait until next week to get more details on Mr. McMahon’s condition. They asked fans to stay tuned to WWE.com as the situation develops. Presumably, this means that we’ll see Mr. McMahon back on Smackdown Live in the near future. McMahon, 72, was advised by doctors not to take bumps at his age but he got around that by not taking any crazy bumps but that headbutt looked pretty stiff though.
McMahon’s return to WWE TV was to set up Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens inside Hell in a Cell on 10/8 in Detroit, MI. That would be Shane’s first match since battling AJ Styles at WrestleMania 33 in Orlando. As of now, the only other match announced for the show is Jinder Mahal defending the WWE Championship against Shinsuke Nakamura.
Scroll down to see the video of the brutal attack by Owens.
For those of you that missed it, check out the links below to read about some of the key matches/angles from Las Vegas:
- Triple H announces plans for Kairi Sane and the NXT Women’s Championship
- WATCH: Dana Warrior’s reaction from ringside during Dolph Ziggler’s Ultimate Warrior impersonation
- Kairi Sane is the winner of the WWE Mae Young Classic
- WWE Mae Young Classic Finale recap – Shayna Baszler vs Kairi Sane
- Vince McMahon bloodied at the end of WWE Smackdown Live, Hell in a Cell match announced