WWE obviously knows when they have a good thing and when they look at The Miz, they just might see something awesome. After all, that is kind of his calling card at this point.
PW Insider reports that although the belief is WWE was trying to sign The Miz to a much longer contract extension, it looks like the two sides have settled on a deal which is still rather lengthy and will see The Miz maintaining a relationship with WWE at least through 2022.
This four-year deal should be expected with everything WWE is placing on the 37-year-old Superstar at this point. His new reality television show, “Miz and Mrs” is set to debut on USA Network later this year with plans for a six-episode first season. Also with his continued involvement in The Marine franchise with WWE Studios as well as his appearances on Total Divas, it’s expected that fans will be getting more than enough of The Miz in the years to come.
Now with this new contract, it looks like WWE is locking down one of their top Superstars for the time being which is a very smart move.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- WWE star has heat with management
- WWE NXT star was in line for a major push but has disappeared from all shows
- Reason why two WWE NXT stars have disappeared from TV and live events
- Update on Bobby Lashley’s WWE return, post-WrestleMania plans
- WWE legends had to dress in the dark for Raw 25