WWE issued a short statement on the departure of Eva Marie. As we noted earlier, it was no secret that she was likely not returning to the company. Back in March, reports surfaced saying that her contract would not be renewed so none of this comes as a shock.
Here is WWE’s statement:
“Eva Marie and WWE have mutually agreed to contractually part ways as of today, Aug. 4, 2017.”
Marie has not appeared on WWE live event programming since her suspension last August. She did film some material for Total Divas during and after the suspension but over the last few months, the feeling was that she was already looking towards a career in Hollywood.
She signed on with The Rock and Dani Garcia’s “7 Bucks Entertainment” and was recently featured in the movie “Inconceivable” with Nicholas Cage. For those of you that missed it, click here for Marie’s statement on her departure.
It’s been a busy week full of news. If you’d like to catch up on some of the top stories from this week, check out some of the links below:
- WWE star rips wrestler for allegedly choking women, faking injuries & backstabbing friends
- Did James Ellsworth just indicate his WWE suspension is over?
- WWE Officials reportedly pitching ideas for Enzo Amore to be moved off Raw
- Did AJ Styles botch the US Title match finish at Battleground after all?
- What is WWE planning for Jinder Mahal vs Shinsuke Nakamura at SummerSlam?
- SPOILER: Is Brock Lesnar really leaving WWE after SummerSlam?