Skip to main content

Xavier Woods explains why The Miz replaced him on WWE Talking Smack

WWE

WWE

Xavier Woods opened up on missing the premiere of WWE Talking Smack last Saturday.

Last Friday, WWE had announced the return of the show with Woods and Kayla Braxton being the hosts. However, Woods wasn’t part of the first episode that was taped on Friday night after SmackDown.

We noted earlier on the site that Dave Meltzer reported on Wrestling Observer Radio that Woods was not told that he would be co-hosting with Braxton.

Scroll to Continue

Recommended Articles

Thus, Woods wasn’t expecting to work and wasn’t on the show. As a result of the miscommunication, WWE had to get a last-minute replacement and picked Miz to be the co-host while Big E was the guest.

While making an appearance on Table Talk, Woods discussed the situation.

"I was at home. I found out when y'all found out. It's been adjusted, so I'll be there soon. It's one of those things where, it's a very large company and you'll find with any large company, sometimes, things get lost in the cracks. Things somebody told somebody else…. It's a regular thing with a company that is as large and successful as this. It's not a bad thing by any means. It's just, 'Oops,' okay cool and now we’re on the train tracks again, let’s get it moving.”

You can watch the entire interview by clicking on the player below (skip to 53:44 to see Woods’ comments about Talking Smack):