It looks like The Young Bucks and Cody Rhodes are getting closer to locking down a venue for their 10,000-seat show in 2018.
As reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the last word on a probable location is that it will be in an arena in the Chicago area or somewhere in Southern California. Both areas have rabid pro wrestling fans and are ideal places for fans that would want to fly in.
Other locations that have been discussed, like London, Toronto, and San Francisco, are considered to be less likely. They are also working on getting sponsors.
If they can get CM Punk and Kenny Omega to headline the show then they would probably be able to sell 10,000 tickets in Chicago. Matt Jackson is regularly in contact with Punk and he’s tried to get him to return. Jackson told Rolling Stone that Punk told him that if he does decide to wrestle again then Matt would be the first person he calls. Of course, they would also love to get Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan) on the show. If that happens, then they would have to wait until October 2018, when he is free and clear from his WWE contract.
2018 will be an interesting year for sure.
Check out some of the trending wrestling news stories below:
- Hurricane Helms’ savage response to porn star Mia Khalifa after her comments about WWE
- WATCH: Triple H danced with Jinder Mahal and The Singh Brothers after match in India
- WWE seemingly forgets current SmackDown Live story at India live show
- Big news on Daniel Bryan’s in-ring WWE return
- WWE could have an excellent opponent in mind for Ronda Rousey